HOW TO QUICKLY PREPARE SCOTCH PANCAKES
What would it be like for you to receive a tantalizing meal from the great Queen Elizabeth? That is the same feeling President Eisenhower had when he got the honours of receiving a letter that included a recipe from Queen Elizabeth II.
That simply indicates that breakfast meals are the most treasured meals of the day. The queen would have chosen any other meal of the day but she chose to make scotch pancakes. You know what they say, have breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a paupper. Breakfast kick-starts our day and a terrible one can lead to a terrible day. Oh no, lets not think about what a terrible day would look like.
We are going to be preparing scotch pancakes also known as drop scones. This is a meal that has been a darling to many for years.
i) 2 cups of self-raising flour
ii) 2 Eggs
iii) 1 glass of milk
iv) 1 glass of water
v) 3 tablespoons of Sugar
vi) 1/2 cup of cooking oil
Method of Cooking
1. In a bowl add the self raising flour and sugar and mix the mixture uniformly.
2. In a separate bowl, add milk, water and beat the eggs inside. Stir all the three ingrediensts together. ( Remember all liquids are to be mixed separately from the solid ingredients)
3. Add the mixture of water, milk and eggs into the bowl containing the flour to form a thick smooth paste.
4. Pre-heat the cooking pan and grease it with 1 tbspn of oil.
5. Using a dessert spoon or a simple tablespoon, pour the paste from the end of the spoon to form round scotch pancakes. Depending on the size of the pan, you can cook 4-6 pancakes at a go, while leaving space for ease of turning over the pancakes.
6. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes until bubbles form as though they are breaking on the surface, then flip the pancake using a fishslice/ spatula (the same tool used when cooking eggs) to cook on the other side until golden brown underneath.
7. Once cooked, transfer them to a dish covered with a kitchen towel/serviette at the bottom to soak up the excess oil. Cover the dish to keep the pancakes warm as you cook the remaining ones. Remember to grease the pan with 1tbspn of oil for each set of scotch pancakes.
8. Once all are ready, serve with chocolate source or maple syrup or honey by spreading some over the pancakes.
Serve while warm.
Scotch pancakes/drop scones can be taken for breakfast or as an accompaniment for the four o’clock meal or as a snack making it an easy to go recipe.
Prepare scotch pancakes for your family and SHARE your experience and thoughts about them in the comments section.
HAVE A SCOTCHFUL PANCAKY* DELICACY😋