HOW TO PREPARE BUTTERNUT SOUP EASILY
Are there times you get to the house full and want to have a nice soothing light meal and get to bed?
Severally, we tend to look inside our fridges only to be met by nothing at all. Those times you wish, you had some super power, to place a meal on the table. At times we can’t restrict our child-like self to think of the comical superhero powers.
While thinking of times when I have found myself in such situations, when I want to have light meals but nothing comes to mind on what I should prepare, I came across a great recipe on how to prepare butternut soup. I tried it and I must admit, I loved it. It’s simple and easy to prepare and very nutritious. I cannot forget how thick it is and makes me feel full. Sleeping on a full tummy with a very nutritious meal.
We can call it an appetizer or starter meal, or a meal to have during the day in between mealtimes. The butternut soup.
1. One (1) butternut
2. 3 garlic cloves
3. 1 red onion
4. A pinch of salt
5. Little white pepper
6. 1 cup of heavy cream
Method of Cooking
1. Peel the butternut and cut it into small pieces and add it into a sufuria.
2. Chop the onions and the garlic into small pieces and add it to the butternut.
3. Add some water to the sufuria and bring the butternut, onions and garlic to boil for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Once boiled, add the salt and the white pepper and cover it to boil for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the boiled ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.
7. Add the cream (Read below on how to make home-made cream) to the smooth paste of the butternut and blend again for the mixture to mix. ( If thick add some water according to the preferred thickness level)
8. Pour the soup in a bowl and serve with bread rolls.
How to Make Home-made heavy cream
1. Half a tablespoon of butter or margerine
2. Half (1/2) a cup of milk
1. Melt the butter in a bowl by stirring with a spoon for sometime or melt it on heat by using a microwave or directly from the cooker.
2. Add milk and stir to mix the ingredients.
3. Leave the mixture in the freezer for 20 minutes to chill and use as desired.
Enjoy a butternut soupy meal. Comment on your experience with the butternut soup and share if you enjoyed it.