Are there times you wake up on weekends and feel the need to have something different for your breakfast? I have experienced that severally, moments you do not want to see a cake or the common breakfast in most places ‘bread’.
Today, i embarked on trying out something totally different that we all never expect to see set on the table for breakfast and we only believe they can be served in the fancy hotels. I took the challenge of having breakfast alongside my morning cup of tea.
The experience was… Not to ruin your exploration, hmm! I won’t say the taste but rather give you the ingredients and procedure to try it out and share a picture of the meal once you prep it and your experience whether you enjoyed it.
Ingredients (serves 5)
1. 8 potatoes peeled and cubed.
2. 1 onion bulb (chop into ring-like shapes)
3. 1 red pepper (capsicum cubed)
4. 1 green pepper (hoho cubed)
5. A bunch of dhania (coriander)
6. 1/2 tbspn of cumin powder
7. 1/2 tbspn of tumeric powder
8. A pinch of salt
9. Cooking oil
10. 1 teaspoon of White/black pepper
11. 1/2 a lime
Method of Preparation
1. Boil the potatoes for 8-10 minutes and do not make it too soft to avoid it being mushy.
2. Once the potatoes are boiled, remove it from the sufuria and place them in a bowl.
3. Using a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and add in the onion rings and the red and green capsicum. Fry until the onions begin turning golden brown.
4. Once the onion rings and capsicums begin turning color, remove them from the pan and place them in a bowl.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of oil into the pan and add the potatoes in. Add the cumin powder, tumeric powder and salt. Sprinkle some little white pepper ( It can be substitued with black pepper). Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add back the onions and capsicums and mix them together with the potatoes.
7. Squeeze in lime around the potatoes and add the dhania (corriander). Stir all ingredients together and the meal is ready for consumption.
8. Serve the potatoes. You can accompany the potatoes with tea, coffee or juice and serve it with eggs alongside.
Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast with potatoes at your side.
Share your experience of the breakfast potatoes.
Happy Mother’s Day .